Coming Home to a New Earth Gathering 2023 - Scholarship
Coming Home to a New Earth Gathering 2023 - Scholarship
Note: If you are hoping to attend this event as part of a couple or a group, each seeker will need to register separately.
Coming Home to a New Earth
An L/L Research Event in Seabeck, Washington
October 12–15, 2023
L/L Research is happy to announce the 2023 Coming Home to a New Earth Gathering! Celebrating its fifth iteration and L/L’s very first gathering on the West Coast, this event has become a container for transformation, awakening, and community of the open heart.
To read a synopsis of the spirit/purpose of the event, please return to the news announcement on the library website.
Before registering for this event, please read the Cost, Lodging, and Travel sections below.
Begins: Thursday, October 12, at 5:00 PM PT
Ends: Sunday, October 15, with an evening dinner
Seabeck, Washington (a little more than an hour west of Seattle) at non-profit retreat space, Seabeck Conference Center.
This retreat will employ Open Space Technology (OST), which is an approach to event organization where participants co-create the content, the value, the culture, and the leadership that maximizes potential for positive experience. In an Open Space gathering, the agenda is not predetermined (though we will have several pre-planned experiences on the schedule). On the first evening of the event, we will introduce OST and how it works, facilitating the group in co-creating the agenda that will make up the bulk of the sessions or content for the weekend.
And, if you should feel so moved (we hope you are!), please come prepared with something you would like to share with the group, whether a presentation, an activity, a discussion topic, or anything that may engage others in questions, explorations, and sharings in the spirit of the open heart.
Please note: We hold this gathering in a cultural environment where even the Law of One readership is divided, sometimes passionately so, on hot-button political and social issues. The event’s container is designed to focus on the eternal principles of spiritual evolution to which Confederation sources have been directing our attention for many years, rather than to promote or serve as a platform for any particular one side of an issue. We ask that all offerings be geared not toward us-vs-them thinking or conflict-based agenda-making—whatever the merits of any position may be—but toward understanding, compassion, and healing.
Within this safe, stable, and sturdy container, the possibilities for opening our hearts together in the search for illumination and communion are limitless.
Several whole-group events will be built into the schedule:
- Thursday: Opening ceremonies, round robin, and authentic-relating games
- Friday and Saturday: TBD
- Sunday: Closing Ceremony around 6:00pm’ish
The schedule for Friday–Sunday will otherwise be determined by the group itself each day’s morning. The basic structure will look much like the 2022 Coming Home curriculum, with changes to meal times.
We ask that attendees arrive in time to be present in the circle for a 5:00pm start. If you will be later, no worries, just let us know please.
The cost varies depending on which room you choose (see “Lodging” below). In addition to tuition, the cost will include:
- lodging for the 4-day/4-night workshop
- eleven nutrition-packed super delicious meals: dinner Thursday; breakfast, lunch, and dinner Friday–Sunday; and breakfast Monday morning.
If you would love to attend but would be prohibited by financial limitation, we have scholarships available. Please contact us to ask.
And if you are interested in contributing toward scholarships (very helpful that), we have a scholarship fund for helping others.
If you should need to cancel, no worries, we can issue a full refund up to Wednesday, September 12th. After that it will be a 50% refund and the remainder will be allocated to the scholarship fund.
The venue will cater all meals. They can fully accommodate vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free dietary needs. You will need to indicate your dietary needs when using the store to register.
Seabeck will be able to accommodate everyone onsite through a variety of rooms. Several factors will come into play to determine the price of your lodging, including:
- Location of your room
- If you are reserving a single-occupancy room or a multiple-occupancy room
- If you are reserving a multiple-occupancy room and wish to lodge alone
- If you are reserving a multiple-occupancy to share with another attendee (most cost-friendly option)
Per Seabeck’s policies, a multiple-occupancy room can still be reserved for a single person for an additional $50 per night (which would equal an additional $200 for the length of the event).
If you reserve a multiple-occupancy room at the shared-room rate, you will be paired with another attendee of the same gender. (Regardless of the number of beds in a room, if you reserve a multiple-occupancy room at the shared-room rate, there will be only one other attendee sharing the room with you.) If there is a specific person you would like to share your multiple-occupancy room with, both you and the other-self you wish to room with will need to email us with that information upon registering.
*To see descriptions of the rooms available at Seabeck, visit the Seabeck lodging page. [Note: We are unable to accommodate specific room number requests. Also, please direct all lodging-related requests not to Seabeck but to us.]
For those lodging at Seabeck, check-in time is between 2:30pm and 5:00pm.
We would love to have you stay with us on campus, but if you would prefer to stay off-site, like at this campground at Scenic Beach State Park two miles away from Seabeck, we have a few offsite registrations available. There will be an additional $185.00 fee to stay off-site, which will cover your meals and a day-use fee Seabeck requires for all off-site retreat attendees. (If you don’t see offsite options on this page, they have already been claimed.) Those staying off-site will also be responsible for their transportation to and from Seabeck – we will not be able to offer pick-up and drop-off during the event.
Seabeck Conference Center is located at:
13395 Lagoon Dr NW
Seabeck, Washington 98380
The nearest airport is Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SeaTac). In good traffic conditions, it is about a 1.5-hourdrive to the venue.
We have rented a private charter through the Bremerton-Kistap Airporter, which will transport attendees from SeaTac to Seabeck Conference Center on Thursday, October 12th, and from Seabeck Conference Center to SeaTac on Monday, October 16th. We can only offer this service during certain windows on those days:
- Arrivals: We will have two shuttles that will transport attendees from SeaTac to Seabeck Conference Center on Thursday. The first shuttle will leave SeaTac at noon PT, and the second shuttle will leave SeaTac at 2:00pm PT. Hence, if you would like to utilize this shuttle, your flight will need to land at SeaTac early enough for you to claim your baggage and meet at baggage claim by 1:50pm PT. If you are unable to do so, please email me and I will send you additional information for other transportation options.
- Departures: We will have two shuttles that will transport attendees from Seabeck Conference Center on Monday. The first shuttle will leave Seabeck at 5:30am PT, arriving at SeaTac around 7:00am PT. The second shuttle will leave Seabeck at 8:30am PT, arriving at SeaTac around 10:00am PT. The SeaTac website advises flyers who will be departing SeaTac to arrive 2 hours prior to their scheduled departure time to provide ample time to get through security. Hence, if you would like to utilize this shuttle, we would advise scheduling a flight for no earlier than 9:00am PT Monday, October 16th. If your flight leaves SeaTac earlier than 9:00am PT, please email me and I will send you additional information for other transportation options.
If you would like to reserve a spot on this private charter, check "Yes" for the prompt "Would you like to ride the private charter to Seabeck on October 12th and to SeaTac on October 16th?"
If your flight lands and/or departs outside of the previously mentioned time windows, please email us at email@example.com, and we will provide you with information to find alternative transportation.
Please self-register by answering the questions on this page and clicking “Add to cart,” completing the checkout process.
Note for anyone interested in seeing Jim: He will not be able to attend this year but sends his love and says he will be there in spirit.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you in the Pacific Northwest this October!